Thursday, September 8, 2011

Welcome to My Girly Gear and More... Blog

   I have been looking for a better place to host my blog rather than just using the one available with my storefronts so I can do more than the limited amount of things that they allow. So after searching around I have settled here at Blogger and have decided to really commit to the kind of blog that I would enjoy reading. I have to admit that the only reason I started blogging was because I was told that it was key to bringing people to my store. So I wrote a few entries and then ended up getting really board and stopped. The only people who were more bored were probably the few people who read them.
    So now I have some new ideas and plans to make this a place where you can not only see the new items I am showcasing in my store but I will also be showing you projects in the works and step by step photos of things I am currently working on. I'll teach you how to do some projects and give you new ideas for your own projects. I make all kinds of things and many of them in my shops but I have always been creative so I have all kinds of ideas to share.
    I have focused on GIRL GEAR in my store, but like all of you I wear many hats as a Girl, but also a Wife, a Mom, a Sister, a daughter, an Aunt, an artist and much much more. I will share some of the tricks of the trade that have help me survive being a mother of four boys, a wife for 20 years, an Aunt to 20 and counting, a sister and sister in law and all the other things we as women have to find a way to be as well. So I will share ideas for parties for kids and adults, Holiday survival tips, How to encourage creativity and bring art into our children’s lives. I will showcase other artists, both locally and from around the world.  I will have contests and giveaways with my handmade items for prizes, just for fun. I am hoping to make this a blog that both women and artists will enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment